Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Haunt" #2 comic review.

Sup Gofio readers! Cody here dropping part 2 of the "Haunt" comic series.



Ok, so I know I kinda bashed the first one in the face a few times, but lets face it, it sucked. Well a week ago I picked up issue #2 like I said I would and I must say, this one might be just on par or slightly better.

So the art style is the same exact print and like I said before I loved the style it's inked in, messy/scratch-art/thick colors. I love the style they picked cuz how it draws to my eyes, I am a sucker for it.

The writing in this one is much better, never pulling the rug from out your feet. it always is keeping you on track. You always know who is talking and is a little more interesting in plot points. To solve the speaking issue on who was saying what, they made the speaking bubbles closer to the right person and even designed ones for when he is in his venom suit.

This one starts where the other one left off where he kills two guys that shoot at him, he then notices the ear pieces in their decapitated heads and searches out the other fools where he in turn also murders them, all in the name of protecting the crack addicted girl. Oh, well another thing that happens is they tell you who she is. She happens to be Kurt's(Venom's Dead brother) wife (Amanda/Crack whore.)who I guess is in big trouble in someones eyes because, for some unknown to us reason, someone wants her kidnapped and brought into wherever the evil head quarters is, where she will more than likely be taken after getting stolen from our hero, and then dangled like a piece of meat over a saw blade/lava pit where our hero(S)make a hard choice to save her. Thats my guess, wanna bet on it?

Oh I forgot to mention the sissy fight between Venom and The Cable/Punisher. Todd McFarlane is the designer right? I mean, he made Spawn! Spawn being rather Original and creative, this on the other hand, tired-poor-idea thief. He basicaly just drew Cable wearing weapons/colors of punisher. This feels like a fan comic, Create your own stuff please.

Tell me that don't look exactly like venom/dark spiderman's inbred brother.



Alright lets be fair, now-a-days everything is a rip off of something else, right? So okay copy right flaws to the side, this comic still is under par for bad writing and understanding what the point is. If we don't know the name of our super hero by the second comics end, then why should I keep buying these at $3.00 a pop? I don't care for the pointless killing or the wasted ideas they call characters.

I'm not sure that I will be wasting my money on the third issue. I have a number of new comics and I plan on read those before wasting my time on these. I will give McFarlane another chance though. I have picked up two Spawn comics so I plan on reviewing them soon.

Okay bottom line, 2 out of 5.

Cody~Out!

No comments: